Hi everybody!!!!!!!
Well, this weekend was filled with fun (as I did have a very busy weekend, besides the fact that I watched a ton of olympic games). In my opinion the olympics are always fun, no matter if they're winter or summer. It is, in fact, busy for me, and also hard for me to choose which country or person I'm rooting for. I am rooting for, in general, four contries. These countries consist of U.S.A, Canada, France, and Switzerland. I am rooting for all these countries because I have ties with them all.
The games over the weekend were so action packed!!!!! I am particularly fond of Canada's performance (they finally won gold on home turf) in the men's moguls, and extremely disappointed in the U.S.'s. Two of the three U.S. men fell or lost control in the finals. Thankfully one of the Americans did get bronze. And in my opinion I find Dale Begg-Smith quite peculiar (he won silver). It's interesting to me how 1) he is an entrepenuer, as well as a gold medalist 2) how he never, ever, really likes to talk to the media and 3) how he is a Vancouver native, but won gold and silver for Australia. Apparently he went "down under" because his coaches (he was 15 at the time) didn't approve of his business (which he would end up making millions out of) and questioned his committment to skiing. Either way I just find hiim peculiar, and happy that Canada defeated him.
And I just CANNOT believe that a man, who was 21, mind you, died on a PRACTICE run on the luge. It was just terrible. I feel so bad for him and his family. He was at the olympics but never even got to experience competing. It makes my heart hurt just thinking about it.
I am excited about the pair figure skating also. My favorite is the Chinese couple who are married with this olympics their last chance for gold. I thoroughly enjoyed their routine and was AMAZED by their unison, especially in the triple sow-cow. It was absolutely amazing (and record breaking). I also really liked the performance of the German couple. I found it funny when she kissed him at the end of the routine and his cheek was covered in her bright red lipstick.
Overall I had a great weekend and hope the best for all the olympic athletes (and I am so happy for Hannah Kearny!!!!!).
Sincerely,
Maggie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maggie, I enjoyed reading your post. It was long but interesting, something you show in writing. Something I find interesting about Ms.Fogell is that she put your blog on the 7th grade site. Very interesting. Silly her!
ReplyDelete